Non-weather gift idea for blind smart phone users

Are you, or is someone in your family blind or visually impaired? Is using a smart phone a pain in the back side? 

OF the two smart phones designed by the blind for the blind, that I looked at, I would say the 2 models below are very near the top of the user friendly list. I’ve used off-the-shelf phones with built-in accessibility features that require a fight to use.  Understand that these two phones are a personal opinion, not the result of an independent test.

I have a personal bias for phones that are designed by the blind because I’m blind, and am now retired. Hence, I want something that’s easy to use with tactile, intuitive controls. Hence I don’t really need a massive number of glitzy apps, and I know many others who are blind and feel the same. If you happen to be like me, why not take a look at the phones on these web sites? Each brand has upper and lower end models, so look them over and then do a separate google search to see what else is out there. Hey, Xmas is not that far off.

 

Smartvision II smart phone By Kapsys for the blind

https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-premium/

Their top end model is just over $800.00, the “premium” model with at least one less expensive model.

 

Blind Shell smart phone

https://www.blindshell.com/

Blind Shell’s phone has many of the same features as the first brand mentioned, but is roughly half the price.

Comments