#MEwx Some New Years' Resolutions for 2024

Some New Year’s Resolutions I’ve read on social media to make folks lives a lot less stressful and crazy for 2024. Ya know, some of these folks have a point.

 

First, I will refuse to discuss or listen to anything having to do with anyone else’s sexual disfunction, identity crisis or sex life. Go deal with it and live your life. Just leave me out of it.

 

Second, I will do my own research on political candidates this Federal Election season. Yes, that means I’m going to use the mute button on my remote during political ads. The usual “insult artist” contest that pretends to be a political ad just generates too much disgust and stress for me.

The companion resolution to this is that I will not listen to any debates. If one of them actually discusses issues I’ll pull it up on line later on and listen to it. Other than that debates tend to be used by candidates as an excuse for obnoxious arrogance and ridiculous insults.

 

Next, I’m going to ask my elected Federal representatives to sponsor a bill requiring pharmaceutical companies to make all of their prescription medications side-effect free by the start of 2026. Failure to do so will require them to experience the side effects generated by all of their meds for a 5 year period. Maybe then they’ll get the point.

 

Another one is to avoid (like the plague) diet plans claiming that you can eat as much as you want of this or that food that tastes delicious and the unwanted weight will just vanish. I’ve heard that kind of crap for decades. If you want to lose weight, it’s going to be with food that is low-cal in sustainable portions with regular exercise until you reach the weight that’s right for you. “Right for you” means what you, not what your doctor says is right for you. It’s your body, you know what is and isn’t right.

Also, avoid the diet plans full of “foodless food” that someone manufactured to sell to you, or anything that requires a label for you to be able to identify what you’re eating. IF it needs a label for you to know what you’re putting in your mouth, don’t eat it. You’re a grown-up.

 

The next one is about TV show stress avoidance strategies. Have you ever tuned into a TV show that starts with an event or holiday filled with happiness and fun, which usually lasts for about 5 minutes. This is followed by 55 minutes of how tragic, sad and blood-soaked the rest of the world is. Hey folks, the news is full of that stuff. Yes, I know every nutcase with a gun is out there killing innocent people. Yes, tin-pot dictators are acting on real or imagined excuses to attack their neighbors. Yes, religious fanatics are saying that it’s their religious duty to kill anyone who doesn’t believe like they do, usually those ruthless unarmed civilians.

Yes, there are poor and starving people all over the world and my donations can’t fix any of it anywhere. Please just let me have a little bit of time to smile with my loved ones.

I’m not being cruel here, just over-burdened with those who think because I have enough to eat, I need to feel guilty and miserable about it. I worked hard and earned every single dime that I have. Sorry if that sounds heartless but I can do just so much for others without becoming one of them myself. 

 

You have a happy,stress-free 2024. Ya hear?

 

Comments