#MEwx Above freezing, more melting and failed Resolutions confesed

Good morning Augusta

A direct, real-time feed from my personal weather station is available for you

here.

Today it’s going to be cloudy with highs in the lower 40s. Winds will be light and variable.

Tonight we’ll have mostly cloudy skies with patchy fog. Lows will be around 30°F with light and variable winds.

The readings from my weather instruments are:

Our outdoor temperature is 32.3°F, the humidity is 80%, the Dew Point is 36.6°F and our wind chill is 32.0°F.

The wind direction is West between 0.0 MPH and 0.2 MPH.  

The Relative pressure is 29.64, the Absolute pressure is 29.44, the HPA is 1007  and steady with a weather graphic indicating sun.

Visibility is 10.0 Miles / 16.1 Kilometers with brightly cloudy skies.

The UV rating is 1 out of 16, Sunrise is 7:14 A.M. EST, Sunset is 4:12 P.M. EST, Moonrise is 11:54 A.M. EST, Moonset is xx:xx P.M. EST and the moon phase is in its first quarter.

The RAW METAR reading from Augusta’s airport is:

METAR KAUG 031153Z AUTO 21003KT 10SM CLR M01/M03 A2973 RMK AO2 SLP071 T10061028 10006 21011 53003

We have had an additional 0.01 inches of ice/snow melt over the past 24 hours and today more will melt.

I thought I’d “fess up” to why I flopped with most of my past resolutions. I’ve even put some hard learned advice below for you to consider too.

*I’m going to lose weight.

Stop eating those holiday goodies is only one half, the rest of it is exercise, and I’ll do that when you find that extrqa 2 hours a day for me to exercise in. Hey, there’s work, handling the little daily life disasters…

 

*I’m going to learn how to cook.

This will, in theory, not only provide me with healthier (low0cal?) meals, but will cut costs. Reality check here: Healthy cooking ingredients are more expensive than junk food and the extra time I tried to set aside for exercise is now taken up with cooking.

 

*I’m going to clear out all of the junk in the house that I haven’t used in the past 4 years.

This one worked until I got to the stuff the kids wanted to keep but don’t have any room for in their one-bedroom apartment. Then there’s those family heirlooms that I just can’t get rid of because the kids want them “after I’m gone” and…

 

*I’m going to get back into shape.

See above.

 

*I’m going to engineer a better work/life balance.

This one is absolutely essential according to the national news life coach experts for mental health and a happier home life. But, if you don’t put in that extra time and effort at work, you don’t get the raise or promotion. Also, if I insist on putting my home life first my employer will not only categorize me a “not a team player” but has now placed my name on the list for layoffs next time money gets tight. “Hey, we need team players here.” And, if you’re over 45 year old, the likelihood you’ll get another job that pays… Get the picture?

 

*I’m going to show more kindness.

This one is easy. I really do this and it actually makes me feel better. IF people think I’m a sucker for being nice to others, then I’m a sucker.

 

*Better anger management, especially in traffic.

I’ll do this one just as soon as someone revokes the “Yelling is how I deal with stress!” rule at work. Granting yourself permission o yell at others might help your stress but it generates more for me.

 

*Less screen time.

Again, this one will work if you can convince my employer to stop sending me emails after working hours with a surprise assignment for tomorrow morning. You know what I mean – the “I need you to respond to this before you get it.” Types of work email.

 

*I’m going to set aside time to enjoy music.

Yep, get some good earbuds and sit down to enjoy my favorites list. Again, the time to do that exercising…

 

*I’m going to learn how to dance.

Yep, ball room dancing is something that I love. Hey, does ball room dancing qualify as “exercise?”

 

*I’m going to figure out how to cut some costs.

Well, if I cancel the gym membership because I’m not using it, stop buying all of the expensive healthy cooking stuff that spoils two days after I buy it and go back to fast food that’s cheaper and definitely spend less time on the pistol range as my way of stress relief. Then I’m going to quit my job, sell the house, move into a tent and become a climate change activist.

PS: I finaly figured out that my health is pretty once I realized that getting my annual physical during the holidays is a reall bad idea.

 

Comments