Colder, sun and the "Twas the week before Christmas" poem as penned by my wife

Good morning Augusta

This morning we have mostly sunny skies, colder with highs in the lower 30s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight we’ll have mostly clear this evening, becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 14°F with Light and variable winds.

The readings from my weather instruments are:

The Wind Chill is 17.4°F, Dew Point is 9.9°F, the humidity is 52%, and the outdoor temp is 25.0°F.

The wind direction is North Northwest between 1.3 MPH and 2.5 MPH.

The Relative pressure is 29.88, the Absolute pressure is 28.68 and rising with a weather graphic indicating sun.

Visibility is 10.0 miles / 16.1 Kilometers with

The UV rating is 0 out of 16, Sunrise is 7:12 A.M., Sunset is 4:03 P.M., Moonrise is 5:19 P.M., Moonset is 7:54 a.M. and we have a Full Moon being 99% illuminated.

Augusta’s RAW METAR readings are:

METAR KAUG 231153Z AUTO 30009KT 10SM CLR M05/M11 A2994 RMK AO2 SLP143 70007 T10501111 11017 21050 51031  | 

We didn’t receive any additional rain or snow here over the past 24 hours.

Last year my wife wrote the following, very accurate poem about her frantic Xmas activities. It was published on BWUR’s Vita Brevis where it was widely enjoyed.

“Twas the week before Christmas, and all through this house

Panic ensued, scaring even the mouse.

A holiday coming, what to make for dessert?

Get it baked, get it cooked, while remaining unhurt.

I examined the pantry with critical care,

And saw what I needed, sitting right there.

A light on the flour looked like new fallen snow,

and I’d turned up the volume on a new cooking show,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

but my smiling husband saying: “can I help you, dear?”

In my best stern voice, I’m lively and quick,

I called out “stay out of my way, go away, make it quick.”

More rapid than eagles my movements all came,

I whistled, and shouted, and called out each name:

“Now Fudge, now Brownies, now Fruitcake and Toffee,

“Some Cookies, some Teacakes, some Blintzes, spiked coffee!

“To the Mixer and Oven! To the Pantry for All!

Stay out of the kitchen, unless I should call!”

All kinds of spices sat safe in a rack,

“Hey, I see what I need all the way in the back!”

By now I was covered  in flour from my head to my feet,

“I’ve finally found something, and it’s really sweet!”

The stump of a cork I held tight in my teeth,

And the smell of the brandy circled my head like a wreath.

I had a smile on my face as I soaked fruit for a cake

“It will be great, so make no mistake!

I’ll be chubby and plump, a jolly old elf,

If I don’t stop eating and nipping, and get a grip on myself.”

With a wink of my eye and no cork left to shred

I stopped nipping the bottle and had nothing to dread.

Not a nip or a word, I went back to my work,

I filled the gift bags, then turned with a jerk,

And laying my finger aside of my nose

And giving a nod, flew up the stairs for repose.

I sprang to my bed, to the Elf gave a whistle,

And to sleep I fell, like the down of a thistle.

But I heard my husband say, as I fell off for the night -

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

 

Comments