Clear and warmer until tonight

Good morning Augusta

This morning it’s cloudy that will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 68 ºF. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight it will be partly cloudy followed by increasing clouds with showers developing after midnight. Low will be 47 ºF. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.

The readings from my weather instruments in the North field are:

Humidity is 81%, the dew point is 52ºF, outside it’s 13.6ºC and 56.5ºF.

The wind direction is Southwest between 1.6 MPH and 2.7 MPH, generating a wind chill of 56.5ºF.

The Barometric pressure is 29.91 / HPA 1012.8 and falling with a weather graphic indicating rain.

The UV rating is 0.0 out of 16, Sunrise is at 6:57 a.m. Sunset is 5:50 P.M. Moon rise is at 7:15 p.m., Moon set is 8:27 p.m. and Tonight we have a FULL MOON (Hunter’s moon). 

The RAW METAR reading from the airport in Augusta, Maine where the sun first touches the U.S.A. every morning is: METAR KAUG 171053Z AUTO 31007KT 10SM CLR 14/11 A2986 RMK AO2 SLP112 T01440106

Visibility is 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers with clear skies so far today.

We didn’t receive any rain here over the past 24 hours.

Yes, it’s fall all right. My wife penned the following ever-so-true ditty.

The leaves are falling on me and my house.

The leaves are calling to me and my spouse!

Everywhere that I’m going, all the leaves are a-blowing,

And they’re even snowing on that resident mouse.

The wind is blowing ‘round me and my house.

The wind is calling to me and my spouse.

We’ll soon be hauling all the leaves that are falling

It’s all so galling for me and my spouse!

Comments