No rain this morning!!

Good Morning Augusta. It isn't raining this morning!
This morning it is clear. High of 77F. Winds from the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight it will beclear. Low of 48F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
The readings outside right now, taken from my own weather instruments:
a relative humidity of 77% with a Dew Point of 54.3º F.
The temperature is 61.6ºF.
Presently we have West Southwest winds between 5.4 mph and 7.3 mph.
Our Barometric pressure is 29.72/HPA 1006.3 and rising with a weather
graphic indicating sun.
UV is 1 out of 16 and sunset will be at 8:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time.
We had precipitation overnight of 0.30 inches.
Visibility is 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers and we have a fantastic ceiling!
How to build your own radar unit.
There are numerous web sites out there where you can learn to build your own
radar unit depending upon what type of radar you are trying to build.
I found two that deal with aircraft radar, which is the closest I can find
to weather radar, but they're fun web sites nonetheless. Go to:
http://cerno.wordpress.com/2007/07/07/build-your-own-radar/
or
http://dangerousprototypes.com/2011/11/14/defcon-19-build-your-own-radar-sys
tem/

I will tell you up front that radar isn't nearly as inexpensive to build as
the posts I've done in past months about building your own weather balloon
W/Camera, Kite/cam and home-mounted weather-cam, but is most definitely
cheaper than my past posts on how to build your own solid fuel or liquid
fuel rocket booster. I confess that those posts made the neighbors nervous.
Apparently my homeowner's insurance company also tracks my blog and has no
sense of adventure or humor, because my homeowner's insurance went up 50%
for no apparent reason shortly after those posts were put up.
At least I married a patient and understanding woman.

Comments