Clear sunny and dry, and some Weather Station options

Good morning Augusta.

This morning it is clear. High of 66F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight it will be clear, then partly cloudy. Low of 50F. Winds less than 5 mph.

The readings from my own instruments are:

The humidity is 70% with a Dew Point of 43.6ºF and a wind chill of 46ºF.

The temperature Is 53.5ºF.

We have West Northwestwinds between 0.0 mph and 6.0 mph.

Our Barometric pressure is30.11 HPA 118.6 and rising with a weather graphic indicating sun.  

The UV rating is 0 out of 16, sunset will be at 7:05 PM with Moon Rise at 7:21 a.m. and the moon phase is a New Moon.

For the pilots out there, Raw Metar readings are:

METAR KAUG 061053Z AUTO 29005KT 10SM CLR 09/04 A3020 RMK AO2 SLP227 T00890039

Visibility is 10.0 miles/16.1 kilometers with clear conditions today.

We've had no rain in the past 24 hours. Thank heaven for small favors.

I get most of my readings from my own weather instruments that I have planted on the North side of the house. I enjoy my own weather system and it isn't very complicated or  expensive.

If you are interested in a personal weather system, why not look at some of the various options that are out there. I happen to use a LaCrosse station and it has served me very well.

LaCrosse Technology, atomic time and weather systems from professional to back yard types.

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/

Davis Instruments

http://www.davisnet.com/weather/

Oregon Scientific

http://www.oregonscientific.com/us/en/Full-Wireless-Weather-Station-WMR80A-P

The foregoing are only 3 of the many manufacturers of wireless weather stations you can find, an independent web search will turn up many, many more. So look them over and maybe have some fun.

 

 

Comments